Sham's The Enemy Within
Events as They Transpired, from Various Perspectives
- Complete Timeline of this campaign
Season 1: Dying of the Light
(13 chapters over 13 sessions)
A prequel of sorts, wherein the party are first shaken from their comfortable city lives and comfortable city notions, discovering the sort of sleeping terrors that lie waiting to tear down civilisation and the sort of madmen who want to make this happen.
- Chapter 1: The Book in the Library, wherein the party are sent to Marienburg.
- Chapter 2: Pearls & Swine, wherein the party travels down the Reik.
- Chapter 3: Error of the Moon, wherein the party learns of the threat of Zahnarzt.
- Chapter 4: A Watery Grave, wherein the party dodge floods, an octopus and ghosts.
- Chapter 5: Wherever You May Be, wherein the party meet Muuthauwg the Piper.
- Chapter 6: Burn Them! Burn Them!, wherein the party face a Fimir army.
- Chapter 7: Back to the Egg, wherein the party find the Moon’s Egg.
- Chapter 8: The Place of Testing, wherein the party intrude on Fimir unholy ground.
- Chapter 9: Manor of the Marsh, wherein the party are trapped in a haunted house.
- Chapter 10: The Colony, wherein the party befriend mutants.
- Chapter 11: Transformation Moon, wherein the party travels with an acting troupe.
- Chapter 12: Trial and Error, wherein the party are judged and the Egg is stolen.
- Chapter 13: When Darkness Falls, wherein the party saves the day.
Season 2: Shadows Over Bögenhafen
(7 chapters over 12 sessions)
Wherein the party set out to find more Chaos to fight, stumbling over some minor horrors and a conspiracy of greed, but also finding themselves drawn by coincidence into a deeper plot that they have trouble perceiving.
- Prologue: Whatever became of the Conquerors of Zahnarzt the Forgotten One?
- Introduction: The Oldenhaller Contract, part 1 and part 2, in which the party gathers in Nuln to find Chaos to fight, and get more than they bargained for, but less than they were supposed to be paid.
- Chapter 1: Fear the Worst, part 1 and part 2, in which the party eats a great deal of human flesh. Includes Addendum 1.1: On the treatment of diseases and demons or a short treatise on yucky stuff.
- Chapter 2: Mistaken Identity, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which Alric Konrad finds the ticket to a life of luxury, and the party become wanted brigands.
- Chapter 3: Panacea, part 1 and part 2, in which an urban demon is destroyed, before the party have to defend the town against marauding orcs.
- Chapter 4: Welcome to Bögenhafen, part 1 and part 2, in which the party comes to a livestock festival too early.
- Chapter 5: Beneath the Town, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which the party find dirt in the sewers, then more of it on the surface.
- Chapter 6: Shadows Over Bögenhafen, part 1 and part 2, in which the party foils a reflected sound of underground spirits cult.
Season 3: Death on the Reik
(13 chapters over 20 sessions)
Wherein the party travels back and forth a great deal, looking for profit, purpose and plot, with a great deal of initial confusion, but ultimately finding some of each in the overthrow of an evil barony.
- Chapter 7: Barns & Bandits, in which old mutant foes fall, the party splits and damsels are rescued from their distress.
- Chapter 8: Profit, Loss and Vicious, Nasty Claws!, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which much is stolen on the Bögen, before crabs and brokers are fought in Marienburg.
- Chapter 9: The Slaying of Krustamakish, in which a dark creature is killed before the dwarf slayer can get at it.
- Chapter 10: Making Scents on the Reik, part 1 and part 2, in which fetid flotsam and careless cultists provide new enigmas.
- Chapter 11: Time And Relative Dimensions In Space, in which history is urinated upon.
- Chapter 12: Up the Reik Again, in which the Emperor’s signal tower is found to be built on a secret zombie library.
- Chapter 13: The 1,111 Steps, in which trade, passage, theft and piracy compete to provide the greatest income.
- Chapter 14: In Search of Black Peaks, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which interminable goblin skirmishes give way to a great treasure.
- Chapter 15: An Evening with Don Luigi, in which the lure of trade and loot trumps any urgency in chasing Etelka Herzen.
- Chapter 16: The Barren Hills, in which ghosts of the past and vermin of the present conspire around some cursed rock.
- Chapter 17: Secret Library, in which friends and foes are killed to find von Wittgenstein’s secret.
- Chapter 18: A New Hope for Wittgendorf, in which cruel mutant soldiers prey on pathetic peasants, while rebellion brews in the woods.
- Chapter 19: Assault on Castle Wittgenstein, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which the evil of Castle Wittgenstein is utterly destroyed.
Season 4: Power Behind The Throne, Part I
(7 chapters over 10 sessions)
Wherein the party are compelled to enjoy the Middenheim Carnival and rise surprisingly far in their social standing, invited all the way into the circle of nobles and high officials in the city palaces. However, little new or useful is done to fight the forces of Chaos.
- Chapter 20: Carion Up the Reik, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which the Ungenannt burns, so the party learns to walk, picking up new members at every turn.
- Chapter 21: Middenheim, in which the party arrives at the City of the White Wolf and immediately soaks in the local culture.
- Chapter 22: The Pie-Eyed Piper, in which the party robs the taxman, then fails to foil a mass kidnapping.
- Chapter 24: Challenges to the Champion, in which little goes well for the party.
- Chapter 25: Narrensprung, in which things go no better, and a Bretonnian appears.
- Chapter 26: Champion!, in which Alric secures his title as city champion, and useful things about the city’s tax system are finally learned.
Season 5: Power Behind The Throne, Part II
(4 chapters over 10 sessions)
Wherein the party’s new high social standing is gradually leveraged into investigative gains, just enough that some lucky timing reveals a Chaos plot soon enough to stop it, and yet their ultimate reward is grim.
- Chapter 28: Inns and Outs, part 1 and part 2, in which an inn is bought, a priest confesses, a maid is harrassed and Chaos strikes by night.
- Chapter 29: The Taunting Green Moon, part 1, part 2 and part 3, in which the Jade Scepter is burned to the ground.